Published on September 25, 2013
As a parter and founder of The Orion Network – Australia’s leading digital two way radio network, we are transforming the way bus companies operate, by integrating voice and data technologies to achieve greater efficiencies and enhance service delivery.
As part of our recent engagement with Comfortdelgro Cabcharge (CDC), the largest private bus operator in NSW – we are currently transitioning 540 buses to The Orion Network. Following CDC’s opening of a new $500,000 Operations and Customer Centre (OCC) at Seven Hills in New South Wales, CDC engaged Mastercom to provide new communications infrastructure that would leverage new technologies, enhance customer travel experience, improve security on buses and create further efficiencies in service delivery.
Download our case study to learn how Mastercom designed an Orion Network solution to provide CDC with:
- Optimal street level network coverage across challenging CBD environments with enhanced digital voice clarity
- Multiple talk paths – providing flexible, rapid communication between operators, drivers, depots, supervisors and mechanics
- ‘Real time’ visibility of bus location, speed and status and virtual boundaries that record bus arrival and departure times
- Service updates via pre-defined voice and text messages between drivers and the Customer Centre
- A custom duress function to indicate a driver emergency